Monday, March 2, 2009

So, It's Been A While...

Since I've posted last. And so much has happened!

I had a birthday! Travis got me a cookie cake from the mall. I've been talking about wanting one since they aired commercials around Valentine's Day! Yummy. I had a pretty good day except Elizabeth wasn't there! We went to a cousin's open house party the 21st and my mom took Elizabeth back with her so that Travis & I could work in Weslaco for a few days. We left late on the 23rd and worked there until the 26th.

We pruned a lot of Jatropha trees! Close to 1000, I think! We also harvested seed off of 288 trees in a spacing study. Up at 5:30 a.m. and finished at 7:30 p.m. ...I liked working, but this was way early!

And Travis fertilized with a rig he built before we left.

I'd never been to the Texas/Mexico border, so we drove the 5 miles to see the gate.

Thursday evening, mom drove down to Victoria and we saw our baby girl again! I sat her in a gardening bucket...as you can see, she was thrilled.

We signed on the house Friday morning! Yay, we're homeowners! Sunday, Travis & his dad planted 4 peach trees that they gave us as a house warming gift. We were moral support!

Elizabeth likes her new house! Especially since there's no furniture in the way yet! Now we have the huge task of painting before we move in. We've decided to stay at our rent house for March in order to give us time to do stuff at the house (mainly paint) while we don't have our furniture inside.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Yea! You'll have to send us the address when you get moved in! We'll be sure to do the same. ;-)

Karen said...

Congrats homeowner! I'd offer to come and help paint because I know what a pain it can be but I'm afraid we wouldn't be much help with my two guys around. The last time I painted I had a friend close by who let us drop the kids off!

soccermom10 said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday and a great little reunion with cutie patootie Elizabeth!