Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Catching Up

Whew, I haven't posted in a few days! We've been busy beavers!

Last Thursday, we hauled in mulch from Hallettsville for the garden annex (we expanded the garden) and planted broccoli, cauliflower, kohl rabi, and cabbage transplants. Thursday night, we drove to my mom & dad's to spend the night and leave Elizabeth there so I could go to work with Travis in College Station on Friday.

Friday, Travis & I left at 5:30 a.m. to get to College Station to spray a Jatropha field and pick Chinese Tallow seeds. We ended up picking 12.8 lbs of seed (they're roughly the size of a pea) so that another professor can extract the oil from them. Chevron wants a quart of oil to experiment with, so that's why we had to pick so much.

Saturday, Travis worked with Dad and Elizabeth & I spend the day inside. Saturday night we went to Big Bob's Steakhouse in Cameron with some of mom & dad's friends and their girls. Sunday, we went to our reunion.

Yesterday, Elizabeth & I went out shopping for some necessities and to get stuff for our Christmas cards. I finished all of the cards...finally!

Today, I'm putting the cards in the mail! Yay!! As soon as Elizabeth wakes up from her nap, we have to go back to town to get some things for a Christmas basket Travis has to take to Weslaco tomorrow. He'll be gone until Friday harvesting Jatropha plots. It's pretty chilly today, so we'll have to bundle up!

I had some pictures, but they don't want to load...blah...

1 comment:

Karen said...

My Christmas cards just went in the mail today too. You're not the only slow one!