Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Walking

I’m walking for exercise, to feel better, and to shed a few pounds. Not to mention that I would love to “win” at least once when my Dad & I weigh in.

While we were visiting my parents over Thanksgiving, The Biggest Loser: Where are they now? was on. Yeah, yeah, nothing else was on! Dad had a great idea that we all (Mom, Dad, Travis & I ) weigh in that night and then again on January 1st. Who ever lost the most weight “wins”. Wins what? Nothing but bragging rights! Well, Dad won. And he’s using his bragging rights…liberally.

I’ve spent the last week working up my enthusiasm for exercise. We agreed the next weigh in would be the last weekend in January when we go there to see Kate and for Dad’s birthday. I have to win! Have to!

So, I got on the treadmill. The one that’s been staring at me for the last month. I just need to make the time to keep it up!

I’m just not sure how to make the most of my time walking. Do I walk/run/walk? What should I do? Help! I need suggestions on a good exercise program. How should I get started?

Dad’s weight loss ego is out of control, please help me tame it!

No comments: