Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This Guy

Today is Matt’s 23rd birthday (well, for a few more minutes…). Getting old, Brother!

IMG_7539

I wish I could put into words how much I love my “little” brother. He’s an awesome uncle to Elizabeth. She’s loves talking about Uncle Matt. When he’s around, she wants all of his attention.

He’s also turned out to be one of my best friends. I know I can call anytime and he’s willing to talk for a few minutes. He’s my personal assistant when it comes to helping me with “guy” stuff-especially gifts for Travis!

I know it won’t happen much anymore since Cheyenne moved, but I loved his pit stops at our house when he was on his way to see her or on his way back home. I like that when he’s here and Elizabeth is taking a nap, he’s happy to be taking a nap, too! (Ahem, maybe I nap, too…)

I don’t really think about it much, but I’ve realized over the few minutes I’m writing this, that I’m so thankful to have such a great brother. I’m really blessed. Life would be much different and not nearly as fun without him.

Happy Birthday, Brother! I love you, Matt!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Awwww. Happy Birthday Matt! Alex & Zachary like to talk about Matt too, especially that daddy goes hunting with him and that they got to pull the heads off doves afterwards once. Yuck!

Joanne said...

Awww! We love Matt, too! Happy birthday, baby MaMoo!