Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Almost Halloween

A couple of weeks ago, we tried out Elizabeth's Halloween costume. A dress rehearsal of sorts. We watched our little fairy flutter around the yard playing with the flowers of a four o'clock plant. The costume was hand made (and nearly no-sew) by yours truly. I still need to make her a little wand, but something has to be last minute!


I'm not sure if you can see it, but I used glitter glue to make designs on her wings.

Last week, I took Elizabeth to the pumpkin patch. My MIL works across the corner from where the pumpkin patch was set up and met us during lunch. Elizabeth liked looking at all of the pumpkins, but hated posing for pictures! Here, it looks like she's saying, "I want them all!"

Her cute little t-shirt, given to her by my MIL (Thanks!) says, "Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid." It is just too cute! Everyone says so.



Here's the one picture of Elizabeth and I. She's squirming to get out of my arms. Oh, well.

She decided to sit down and take a rest on the two pumpkins that I had already picked out.

Elizabeth the scarecrow!

We had a good time at the pumpkin patch and hope that Daddy can come next year!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

What a sweet little fairy! She's getting too big, Sara!

Kate said...

The fairy costume turned out cute! But lets not forget, when I came home for the picnic I helped make the skirt!!! :)