Monday, October 12, 2009

Pear Pie

Last night, I made my second pear pie of the season. This one was much better than the first; I think because I left it in the oven longer and the pears were nice and soft.

Travis would rather eat the pie crust.

All ready for the top crust.

Slits for steam and over an hour later...

Golden brown and delicious.

Mmm...Travis ate his warm pie with ice cream. The filling was a little runny because we didn't let it cool completely, but that syrup was so good! I don't think this pie will last long!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I don't think I've ever had a pear pie? I can't see how it wouldn't be yummy though!

Sara said...

I never had one, either, until this year. We just have so many pears off of our trees that I didn't know what to do with them! Pear pie tastes pretty similar to apple pie.